Friday, October 21, 2011

Mymomisafob.com And Mydadisafob.com

Adding on to my experiences reading Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua, I'd like to share a pair of websites that you may or may not find funny.

http://www.mymomisafob.com
http://www.mydadisafob.com
(The links don't work, so you'll have to ctrl+c.)

These websites share stories from all over about the English trouble, technological difficulties, awkward situations, and just plain adorableness of Asian FOB's. The acronym stands for "Fresh Off Boat," the term for immigrants (mostly Asian ones). You may or may not find these anecdotes funny due to lack of Asian parents. (I suggest you borrow mine.)


Here are some particularly good ones:



A Lesson To Learn
Scene: School parking lot after class ends. My mom points out a Chinese couple making out near the bathrooms.

Mom: Aiiiiiiiiiii-YAAAAAAAAAA! Can’t they do that behind bushes or suuumting? If you eveeeeeeeeeeer get boyfriend, don’t let me see do something like that!
Me: Don’t worry. I wouldn’t dare to.
Mom: Good. Because if you do, I take picture and send it to grandma. And then when grandma get heart-attack, you pay hospital bills.



Online Predators via Youtube?
So my mom is a VERY protective mother. This is what happened after she watched a 60 minutes special on Online Predators. I’m watching a Video Blog on Youtube…

Mom: Who is that guy?
Me: I don’t know
Mom: Why is he talking to you??
Me: It’s a video…
Mom (at the computer): GO AWAY, MY DAUGHTER DON’T WANT TO MEET UP AND TALK TO YOU



Dear Literate Dog,
My dad and dog have a hate-hate relationship; he’s the only person she barks at. My dad has been trying to get her to stay downstairs during the day to minimize accidents. I came home to this sign. I asked him why he wrote a sign and he just said it works…





Text Message Abbreviations
Daddy: Had a long snap?
Me: Yeah. Sup?
Daddy: What sup
Me: It’s an abbrev for what’s up?
Daddy: Nup
Daddy: For nothing is up

No comments:

Post a Comment