Friday, September 2, 2011

Teh Update

Books I'm reading:

None - I finished all my current books this week.


This week: 534 pages
Last week: 406 pages
This semester: 940 pages


Sentences of the week:

1. "Faggy color names (alphabetized)
bisque
cerise
chartreuse
conch
cornflower
corn silk
fern
goldenrod
honeydew
leather
lichen
lox
mica
moccasin
opal
plum
saddle brown
shiraz
snow
thistle
yolk"
JPod, Douglas Coupland

2. "Don't let some guy named Vinnie take you on any long drives out into the desert." 21, Ben Mezrich

3. "A whale is someone who can lose a million dollars at cards - and not give a damn." 21, Ben Mezrich


How dare he label snow a 'faggy' color. I can understand goldenrod, but snow? It's just a more non-mainstream way to say white. I mean, who wants boring old white when you can have snow? That's the first sentence anyway.

The last two sentences make me want to try my hand at playing blackjack. Can't you hear the undertone of excitement and glamor in those sentences? Lawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment